It Works! It Works! (My SmartCom Infrared interface)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackdav

Reaction score
Well.... Oh what a feeling!
I have posted elsewhere about my woes getting my computer to communicate with my SmartCom via the serial bus infrared interface on my old Pentium 100 computer....
Man, I tried EVERYTHING!
Now, 4 months later, I have built a new, fast computer that has USB capability. And it works! I plugged my USB IR "dongle" in and installed the Uwatec SmartTrak software, and voila! I could see all the times I played in the tub with my SmartCom (am I the only one who does that? It DOES need to be wet, ya know) and a few lake dives I did. Now I can change the units, CNS O2 sensitivity, backlight time on, ect. And I take back fully 73% of the bad things I said or implied about Uwatec......
I never did get the serial interface to work... ah well, there's $60 down the drain, but at least it works now. Woo Hoo!

Jack in finally-cooling-down-a-little Phoenix

jackdav once bubbled...
I could see all the times I played in the tub with my SmartCom (am I the only one who does that?

Mine won't register anything until is more that three feet underwater. So, just how deep is your tub anyway???? :wink:

Glad to here you've got everything working... and wow, now you even have your new, faster computer to play with too. Ain't life grand! :D

My tub is only 8 or 10 inches ..... the Smartcom also remembers all of the pool dives I did checking out my new regulator.....

I've thought about tossing my smartcom in the tub a few times - do you do it w/ the quick disconnect hose on or off?? I've always wondered if water would get into the air inlet or not....

And congrats on getting it all going - it's pretty dang snazzy, aint it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom