It Won`t Be Long Now!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T.P.H.

Contributor
Reaction score
Thats it in a nut shell so to speak.I went by T.L. the other day and took a walk around to see how things are shaping up.The grass is filling in real nicely around the whole area.Mike has a couple more float docks ready to go in and has planned to put in a couple of covered areas around the Swampters piont.Mike has been working diligently along with other friends and family members to insure the customers stay at the park will be a pleasent one.One will notice right off that a lot more of the bank growth has been removed and more tables have been added
Hats off to Beast,Scubatexastony,Dee and the many other members who have cotributed thier time and effort to help in improvments in and around the lakes.
News flash.....the Bower compressor was supposed to be delivered last week ,so it won`t be long untill the work begins on a building to house it and the air fill mechanics of the new tank air fill system.Also Mike was thinking on installing a tank cooling system for the fill process..This will do nothing but enhance the ability of Twin Lakes to provide as much comfort to its customers as it can.
Well...a BIG SALUTE to you Mike for keeping the fire lit and the docks floating.great job!!
See ya`ll soon at the BEST DIVE SPOT in the SOUTH!

Is there any ecological way to improve the vis over there. Like, some kind of fish that eats algee? If I could see 20 feet I would be out there a lot.

leadweight once bubbled...
Is there any ecological way to improve the vis over there. Like, some kind of fish that eats algee? If I could see 20 feet I would be out there a lot.

20' of vis in a Texas Mudpuddle???

Will wonders never cease?

The last few times we've been to the lake, Mike was in Florida taking care of business or at the races! Glad to hear about the compressor, we were wondering if it had been ordered yet.

I hope we can get Swampers Point fixed up this year, I need to work on our sign! Beast has materials cut for a couple more gear benches, and plans for a different kind of bar-b-q grill. It will be nice to have our own spot, I have a feeling parking and shoreline room are going to be at a premium this summer!

Counting the days till I can get in the water. Going to dive club meetings and reading magazines doesnt cut it.

Sounds Great!

I can't wait for the weather to warm up again and see all the new improvements. Beast and all the others that have gave their time and effort my hats off. I think it's people like ya'll that make diving one of the better activities to be involved with.

Geek

leadweight once bubbled...
Not that I know of! The viz is in the 20ft range in the spring and early summer. But that changes the more divers get in the water. But the visibility isn't why we all go to the lake. One of the main reasons is we get to see friends...new and old. Just think of the low viz as a challenge to improve your navigation skills and buddy awareness!

Dee once bubbled...

Not that I know of! The viz is in the 20ft range in the spring and early summer. But that changes the more divers get in the water. But the visibility isn't why we all go to the lake. One of the main reasons is we get to see friends...new and old. Just think of the low viz as a challenge to improve your navigation skills and buddy awareness!

but, I will try to make it out there once things warm up. Sometimes I need a fix and can't wait until the next airline sale.

and a hardy howdy doo ya`ll.Well I spent about 2 hours out at the puddle last Sat. and the sand blasting crew was hard at it on 4 new float tanks.Yes...2 more sub. plats are in the works.:)

Mike and I spent a deal of time talking and well...since we have a pending war on this country`s hand ,the compressor has been put on hold till a delivery time of April.:( But the good news is that it will be there!He told me that he is gonna put it where the old tennis court was up front.Make since seeing that the 440 service is near by.The lake is the highest I`ve ever seen it ...There just might be a 60 ft level in it....somewhere..:confused:

Mike has another big load of road material on its way for the road toward Swampster`s Point.YEA!

As far as viz is ...well viz,The sub platforms are 18 ft long and most of the time one can see at least that far except this time of the year.I know for sure that last year ,Dee ,Beast ,yours truley and several other members cruised together and had viz way beyond 20 ft.But who`s measurig...we all get a good laugh when we come up after a low viz dive and see how many of us has mud on our masks from checking the bank!!:D

Mike has gone to Fl. this week thru the weekend so if your darring or want to just get together Sat...I`m sure some of us will be out there;including me... L8r

We haven't been to the lake in about 3 weeks but last time we were, divers were walking UPHILL to get on the floating docks! Sure wish it would hurry and warm up.

Great news about the compressor, April is better than nothing! Besides, according to my logbook the warm water gets there about the end of April/first of May so that works out just fine.

Glad to see Swampers Point will get done this year, I was afraid he'd change his mind. It'll be nice to have our own place to fix up and waiting for us every weekend.

We plan to be out there Sunday with ChrisPete, can you come? I need to see ya, Phin Bud! I guess we'll miss Mike again. Doug need to get with hijm about finishing that ugly A-frame shelter.

Back
Top Bottom