It makes sense to stop renting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bouteloa

Registered
Reaction score
I have been carefully researching regulators and decided that probably the best solution for me would be either a zeagle envoy deluxe or one of the higher end zeagles (I have tight budgetary constraints) along with gauges, inflator hose and envoy octo.

There are only 2 dive stores within driving distance and neither one carries Zeagle regs.

If I were to purchase my equipment from ScubaToys, would it be a reasonable and safe alternative to mail it there for annual maintenance and just forget about dealing with the local dive stores?

I have always felt moderately to greatly cheated by the local dive shops.

Thanks.

I am sending my Zeagle regs back to Scubatoys for service. They are sending me the shippping label so I pay for shipping there and back + the service and it works out cheaper then doing it locally.

And since they were sending me the labels anyway I had them send me a few other things too....

Why are they sending you labels? You are paying for it anyway. I ask because I am sending mine in soon.

If you buy Zeagle and your LDS doesn't care them then you have no option but to send them off. Insure them for more than they are worth and relax. If they are lost then you get new ones.

crpntr133:
Why are they sending you labels? You are paying for it anyway. I ask because I am sending mine in soon.

I am having them send me labels because I am sure they have a better shipping price then i could get by going to UPS or fedex without an account

What do people do when they don't have a local dive shop? Or don;t want to purchase from the local dive shop? Or want to buy Zeagles when they aren't available locally?

bouteloa:
What do people do when they don't have a local dive shop? Or don;t want to purchase from the local dive shop? Or want to buy Zeagles when they aren't available locally?
Buy online and send them back each year for service.

Thanks Scubydoobydoo. Never heard of that before.

Back
Top Bottom