IST Sonic Seeker, What's it worth ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JungleJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
I came across an IST sonic seeker, it's two parts, one you place at the drop line, anchorline or whatever, the other is a gadget you carry with you with led's, it's basically a track you back to where you started gizmo. It was used once just to test it to make sure it worked, but never again. Now I have it.. I don't see a use for it, so I am thinking of selling it, but I have not a clue as to the value of what this setup should be. I am told it's not listed in the IST catalog anymore, so I guess they don't sell em anymore.

Any ideas on what it's worth ??? it's basically in as new condition w/manuals etc.

http://www.unterwasserwelt-history.de/html/seemann_sonic_seeker.html

this is what it is.... exact same unit

thanks in advance for any tips you can give me.

If I rember right they were expensive when they came out, about $300 back when that was real money. Your link shows a little more than 300 Euros back in 1999, which would be about right. What's it worth today? Who knows, out it on eBay with a fairly high reserve and see what happens.

Well I was pondering the Ebay route, but wanted guidence as to what my reserve should be.
in searching, I have not seen one sold, so I don't know what the going rate is, can't find any referrences anywhere as to what ppl have paid for such a toy.

Do people still desire these things ?????

Make the reserve whatever you'd be willing to part with it for. Say $200.00

Perhaps I should post it in the classifieds section and see what ppl would offer on it ??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom