Issues with the DSX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am i getting this right, you buy a dive computer but can't use it until you connect it to the internet?

Hi, I came acros this post whilst investigating an error with DSX firmware v 1.009. When in the app (Android), it has a message on main screen announcing firmware is available, however when I try to download the update, it says "firmware not available". I've also tried it on my tablet with the same message - very annoying as the app won't let me change any settings until the firmware is updated!
Also, the first post on OC not displaying tank pressures; I initially had the same problem. The solution is; when you switch from SM to OC mode, or vice versa, you need to completely set up the transmitters again, especially in *set menu / set gases menu, where you need to tell the DSX which transmitters you are using & gas type. It's a real faff to do this, but it works once set up.

One other issue I have with the DSX is it will only show one tank pressure in OC mode. To check the other tank (if using twins) you need to go into gas switch. Or, alternatively, use SM mode, then both tank pressures are on the main screen.

I personally think this is a serious omission, and I've no idea why Apeks wouldn't have both tank pressures on the OC screen?

Hope this post helps others, as the section in the manual for setting up transmitters is really poor.

Am i getting this right, you buy a dive computer but can't use it until you connect it to the internet?
You need to connect it to an app on your phone, not available on PC.

Thought I'd add to my original post with some pictures. After diving this morning I can't download my dives, as the app won't allow it until the firmware is updated - which of course isn't available!
Simply unacceptable from Apeks/Aqualung 🤬
1000017933.jpg
1000017934.jpg
1000017935.jpg
1000017936.jpg

I tried one last time this morning before leaving on my diving expedition to update the firmware on Apeks DSX dive computer. I have used the software for Android through the QR code on the welcome screen. The result is the same. An error saying that the firmware is not found. The same as pictured above.

Also, this morning a new problem arose. The computer says it's connected to Bluetooth (green symbol color) and now the app won't even find the computer anymore. This is the last straw.

I am beyond angry about this situation and will never buy another Apeks, Aqualung or related branded product again. It's been days and still Apeks/Aqualung has not fixed an obvious problem THEY CREATED that is rendering this POS computer unusable.

On a field expedition, this type of behavior is unacceptable. I expect more from an expensive top of the line dive computer. Cool features are nice, but not if the basic functionality is broken.

Should have listened to this board and bought a Shearwater Perdix or Ratio ix3m2. At least I'd have a functioning computer right now.

Still no update from Apeks CS. They helpfully said to return the computer to the reseller for diagnostics. Not taking any accountability for the actual firmware issue. No update on when this colossal mistake by them will be remedied.

Anyone know if it's possible to get the Bluetooth connection code? It flashed up once for 2 seconds, but I can't get it to repeat it again. Any help appreciated!

You can bypass the update. Click "OK" abot the new firmware. Click "I agree". Click the back arrow at the top left. Then you can access the setting or any other function of the dive computer.

Spookily, the issue has been resolved today, and firmware upgraded without any issues. I suspect Aqualung/Apeks fixed the problem.
Incidentally, I received a curt email back from Aqualung on this issue, advising me to return the DC back to the shop. Not exactly helpful!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom