Issues with the DSX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaneda13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Got started a thread in another forum, but though tI would post this here as well in case anyone else has a DSX or has experienced a similar issue.

From my post in another forum...

Received the DSX two days ago. I was never able to get past the setup and register. Downloaded the diverlog+ app per the instructions, connected to the DSX and it showed "firmware update available", you cannot bypass this step, firmware downloads and the app crashes, every time. Tried it on iPad and iPhone, no luck. The DSX will not work until you get past this step, just stays stuck with the QR code for the app. Nobody answering the phone at Apeks/Aqualung. Contacted the dive shop I ordered it from and did receive an email form an Apeks rep, I explained everything to him and I never heard back from him.
Needless to say the DSX went back via UPS yesterday with the dive shop paying. Buying another Teric.
Not sure why you would design a dive computer that requires a separate app to work.

p.s. I also had questions about my older Aqualung I550 and called Aqualung a week ago, I was connected to one of their service folks, he had no clue about my problem and directed me to download another dive app off of their website, problem is the I550 does not have bluetooth. One would think he would have known that but he also had no clue about the Apeks Exotec BC I was interested in.

From my post in another forum...

Received the DSX two days ago. I was never able to get past the setup and register. Downloaded the diverlog+ app per the instructions, connected to the DSX and it showed "firmware update available", you cannot bypass this step, firmware downloads and the app crashes, every time. Tried it on iPad and iPhone, no luck. The DSX will not work until you get past this step, just stays stuck with the QR code for the app. Nobody answering the phone at Apeks/Aqualung. Contacted the dive shop I ordered it from and did receive an email form an Apeks rep, I explained everything to him and I never heard back from him.
Needless to say the DSX went back via UPS yesterday with the dive shop paying. Buying another Teric.
Not sure why you would design a dive computer that requires a separate app to work.

p.s. I also had questions about my older Aqualung I550 and called Aqualung a week ago, I was connected to one of their service folks, he had no clue about my problem and directed me to download another dive app off of their website, problem is the I550 does not have bluetooth. One would think he would have known that but he also had no clue about the Apeks Exotec BC I was interested in.
I have an i550, and IT does have blue tooth. Use it every time my son uses it up upload his dives. Each time I’ve updated the DSX, it has taken 2 tries. I let it start and sit over night, have been able to do the previous updates, haven’t done the most recent one yet.

I have an i550, and IT does have blue tooth. Use it every time my son uses it up upload his dives. Each time I’ve updated the DSX, it has taken 2 tries. I let it start and sit over night, have been able to do the previous updates, haven’t done the most recent one yet.
I550C has bluetooth, the older I550 doesn't, it requires a data cable, which I have, but there are no drivers/apps on the website, only the bluetooth app. As for the DSX, the one I was sent would not get past the startup page with the 2 different QR codes for app downloads, like I mentioned, the app crashes every time and it goes right back to the QR code screen, no way around it and no help from Apeks or the shop I ordered from. Tried probably 20 times and it sat there for over a day. Like a defective/inop RWR receiver, not something I am going to trust my life on. I have a lot of Apeks gear, but their computers will not be part of that.

I tried lastnight to perform the 1.008 update via iPhone, and found the app (diverlog+) to crash after uploading to the DSX. Opened a ticket with Diverlog+, I'll post if I hear back from them on it.

Update 1.008 isn’t available anymore. Never got a reply from tech support, but when checking for software updates, 1.007 is now the most up to date version.

Firmware 1008 is available for download again today, and is currently installing on my DSX, I'll post up if I have any issues.

EDIT: updated to 1.008 without issues in about 6 minutes.

Here is the reply I finally received from Apeks...

Thank you again for reporting the difficulty you experienced while attempting to complete the DSX registration and automatic firmware update process via iOS version of the Diverlog+ app., as well as attempts to obtain technical support.

We confirmed yesterday that there is a software issue with Friday’s release iOS version of Diverlog+ and are working with our developers to quickly resolve the issue.

As soon as the issue was brought to our attention, we temporarily reactivated firmware r1.007 to ensure no one else would suffer the same experience as you.

While the connection issue is limited to the Divelog+ software and does not affect the operation or safety of previously activated DSX computers, it certainly had an impact on your user experience.

Highly recommend to update firmware 1.009 and app version as well. For me it solved all comunication bugs with the mobile app.

Hi _ i've just purchased the DSX and when I try the initial set up it's saying "Error - Firmware not found" for the update. Did anyone ever find a workaround?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom