Question Issues with Indonesia Visa Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a lot of issues prior to my last trip and ended up just getting the visa on arrival at DPS, which due to flight timing, took a lot less that the multiple attempts to do it online.

Don't forget to do the customer declaration before you leave your home, that at least works pretty well.
It is so simple! Why bother to apply on line in the first place.
Thank you for the reminder on "custom declaration".

3 days before arrival in Indonesia.

"It takes a lot of hunt and peck around"!!! LOL.

It is so simple! Why bother to apply on line in the first place.
Because I experienced a FOUR HOURS of queuing on one occasion due to timing of multiple flights at DPS.

At least getting the visa online skips the "Pay for the Visa" queue.

Because I experienced a FOUR HOURS of queuing on one occasion due to timing of multiple flights at DPS.

At least getting the visa online skips the "Pay for the Visa" queue.
The queue cannot be as bad as those days when VOA was the standard for most tourists coming to Indonesia. I had experienced that couple of times.
I do believe the Indonesian gov is behind all these "inconveniences"!

On arrival was pretty easy and smooth (last month). Cost us about 10 mins, no more. There was a QR code at the airport to fill in a form and then just pay at a kiosk where there were multiple agents.
It all depends on one's flight arrival time. Before switching to eVOAs, it's taken me 10 minutes to over an hour at passport control.

I had a lot of issues prior to my last trip and ended up just getting the visa on arrival at DPS, which due to flight timing, took a lot less that the multiple attempts to do it online. <<>>

On arrival was pretty easy and smooth (last month). Cost us about 10 mins, no more. There was a QR code at the airport to fill in a form and then just pay at a kiosk where there were multiple agents.

VOA can work well - if the crowds are in your favor - less so if you need an extension.

My issue is a stay >30 and <60. You can't renew a visa on arrival online (obtained on landing), it still requires a visit to an Indonesian Immigration office. And that isn't easy in Raja, even with an agent. Personal experience - I've done it - it took time, patience and the help of our Sorong agent.

In our case it seems that our visa 211A from 2023 is still "open". I have sent our entry/exit passport stamps to immmigration and maybe that will work.

Maybe we will use an agent. Anyone have experience with Bali Visas?

On a positive note - I booked CGK-SOQ and SOQ-CGK using the IOS Garuda app. Paid with a CITI card, prompted for text to cell, input code and booking completed - confirmation received. Both nusatrip and tiket.com failed me this time - ambiguous error messages.

Good News - CGK and DPS seem to have adopted the autogate/autoscan entry system since March 2023. Anyone used this for entry.

Foreign nationals must use an electronic passport and have a visa, such as Electronic Visa on Arrival (e-VoA) or Electronic Visa (e-Visa), applied for through the evisa.imigrasi.go.id website.

VOA can work well - if the crowds are in your favor - less so if you need an extension.

My issue is a stay >30 and <60. You can't renew a visa on arrival online (obtained on landing), it still requires a visit to an Indonesian Immigration office. And that isn't easy in Raja, even with an agent. Personal experience - I've done it - it took time, patience and the help of our Sorong agent.

In our case it seems that our visa 211A from 2023 is still "open". I have sent our entry/exit passport stamps to immmigration and maybe that will work.

Maybe we will use an agent. Anyone have experience with Bali Visas?

On a positive note - I booked CGK-SOQ and SOQ-CGK using the IOS Garuda app. Paid with a CITI card, prompted for text to cell, input code and booking completed - confirmation received. Both nusatrip and tiket.com failed me this time - ambiguous error messages.

Good News - CGK and DPS seem to have adopted the autogate/autoscan entry system since March 2023. Anyone used this for entry.

Foreign nationals must use an electronic passport and have a visa, such as Electronic Visa on Arrival (e-VoA) or Electronic Visa (e-Visa), applied for through the evisa.imigrasi.go.id website.
My understanding from three Bali trips this past year is both eVOAs AND VOAs are now renewable online. I real lifesaver if you're somewhere remote.

I did not bother with the visa to Indonesia since they reintroduced VOA last yr.
Well over 11m tourists visited the country last year and US$35.00 pp is a lot of Rupiah. I wonder how many of them are from ASEAN(visa free)?

28m visitors to Thailand in 2023. No visa to apply for most nationals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom