Issues with Dacor Pacer 900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm trying to remove the adjustment screw for a Dacor Pacer 900 first stage. The screw has a central hole with a smaller hole slightly offset that looks like I could get a pin spanner there but it won't budge. There is a spring pushing up on the underside of the screw that I can depress slightly but not while also turning the screw. Any suggestions? Is there some special tool that I can't find in the manual for doing this or am I just missing something and being dumb?

For reference it's find number 23 (and 20 for the spring) on page 1-6 of the Dacor manual volume 2.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Nevermind, another 9 minutes in the cleaner broke up the corrosion enough to crack it... It was much nastier than I expected on the inside...the LP chamber was clean as a whistle but the HP side was ugly.

Good luck with it. Swimjim and myself are also working on 900s. I just went through and did an oring inventory -size/durometer- if you need that info go the vintage double hose and look at the 900 thread there.

Good luck with it. Swimjim and myself are also working on 900s. I just went through and did an oring inventory -size/durometer- if you need that info go the vintage double hose and look at the 900 thread there.
Got everything rebuilt and the IP set properly, now I need to tweak the 2nd stages so they perform well. I put a new (from trident) diaphragm in one and it's thicker than the original so now my purge valve doesn't work or it leaks, nothing in between. Working on getting that sorted and once it is, I think I'll be good to go. Signed up for the vdh forums too, so I'll post some details in that thread, once I get account confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom