Issue with Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khr77

Registered
Reaction score
Is there anyway to force a Suunto Cobra that is stuck in permanent error mode into gauge mode?

Back-story: I bought a used Suunto Cobra off of craigslist. It was over 5 years old but in seemingly great condition. I took it to get serviced before using it. After putting it in a pressure pot (equivalent depth of 180) it registered the max depth as only 27 feet. I took it on a test dive with my other computer and went down to a depth of ~50-ft. and the Suunto was reading ~80-ft. Back at the surface, it registered ~30-ft. so it thought the dive was still in progress (ran the dive timer up to 999 minutes). Took it on a deep dive (max depth 159) weekend before last and it began registering the semi-correct depth (off by 2 feet with my working computer) but it is now in stuck in permanent error mode (shows Er in window and I can't access any menus). Talked to multiple people at Suunto and it is almost certainly an issue with the pressure sensor (expensive to fix, not under warranty). The pressure gauge works fine but it is obnoxious to take on dives because the alarms go off due to error mode. Is there any way to force it into gauge mode so it only displays depth and tank pressure? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom