Issue with integrated weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

messenone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking for ideas :)

I want to remove my integrated weight pockets and put the weight on a belt (about 15 pounds).
(I had one pocket slip out a couple of times, last time was yesterday so I said "enough". Thank god it was at the beginning of the dive)

Is there a way to put some of that weight in/around/integrate to my bcd so that the weight is spread out.
Maybe split half on the belt and half around/inside (somehow) the BCD setup?

I am using a SeacSub Mito BCD (see pics).

I need at least 7 kg (about 15.5 pounds) of weight because of the extra lift from the 7mm semi dry.

Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated!!

pic1.jpgpic2.jpg

Chuck 2x2kg weights in the pockets,with another 3 on a belt,or even go 5 on the belt 2 in the BCD? Not certain what else you may or may not be using in the pockets
( there is no rule that says all your weight needs to be ditchable, if you can ditch enough to go up in an emergency it's 100% )

Other option is adding some tankweights and belt. I'd rather try to work out why the integrated pockets are slipping

Back
Top Bottom