Isotherm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncleavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just finished teaching an Advanced Open Water Course here in Ketchikan Alaska.
I bought a new Isotherm Semidry and had no problem with staying warm enough!
To me it is a great product.

i have one too. im in adelaide, australia which is in the south of the country so it gets cold enough for a semi-dry. the suit itself works great. one complaint though is that the hood it comes with (I have the 2006 edition) doesn't integrate well at all with the suit, and water usually finds its way into the neck crease between the two pieces. a lot of other semi-drys have a much more integrated hood/suit set up. i guess i could simply buy one of the better mares hoods, but it shoudl have just come with it i think.

Sounds like we did well.
I am teaching a PADI Deep Diver Spec and have two more dives and will ditch the drysuit and use the Mares. I am warmer with my Drysuit but, it can be a real pain in the butt to teach in

yea it comes with a mares hood, but the hood has no bid or way of attaching to the suit. the comprable scuba pro semi-dry has a hood that attaches and im pretty sure the pinnacle does to. not a big deal, but i'd definitely rather have a hood that attaches better. i always get some water in the neck area.

I dive in a Mares Isotherm here in the UK. Coldest I've dived in was 10 degrees C, and felt fine. Planning some diving next month where the temperatures will be something similar.

Great suit. :D

Our water is very similar to the U.K. as I am in a part of Alaska that is not as cold as folks might think, I would love to do some of the wrecks of Cornwall and then have a few Pints and a Pasty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom