Isotherm questions...new user

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjbfl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am very unfamiliar with seals, etc, as I have never used anything but a basic wetsuit. Just got a Mares Isotherm SemiDry 2007 for diving in the winter here in Florida. (and hoping to use it in even colder climes...) Three questions.

1. How the heck do I get out of the thing? (getting it on is no problem!)My trouble is getting the neck seal over my chin and the back of my head. It was quite the comedy act on Christmas morning, when I tried the suit on the for first time!

2. Does my mask go over or under the hood? If under, I guess I am supposed to cut away some of the hood?

3. Should I wear a skin under the suit?

Thank you in advance...

I have the same questions regarding my 2005 model.

Vanessar

I am very unfamiliar with seals, etc, as I have never used anything but a basic wetsuit. Just got a Mares Isotherm SemiDry 2007 for diving in the winter here in Florida. (and hoping to use it in even colder climes...) Three questions.

1. How the heck do I get out of the thing? (getting it on is no problem!)My trouble is getting the neck seal over my chin and the back of my head. It was quite the comedy act on Christmas morning, when I tried the suit on the for first time!Ok this is easy, just like a drysuit. Hold hands in front of your face looking at your palms. Roll fingers toward you and insert into the neck seal. This will give you good purchase and leverage to pull the neck seal away from you. Chin down, while pulling away and up. Once you reach a certain point the back of the neck will follow everything and your neck seal will begin to slip off on its own. After a couple of times this will become easy. Find a drysuit diver if you continue to struggle, as the process is the same.

2. Does my mask go over or under the hood? If under, I guess I am supposed to cut away some of the hood? The hood can be trimmed. Be cautious to not cut the threads that help keep any seams together. If necessary use a little aquaseal or neoprene cement to cover cut seams and threads (just a drop will do).

3. Should I wear a skin under the suit? Absolute personal preference. I don't think you'll need to, as the suit is really warm and you are not in extreme cold water.

Thank you in advance...

P.S. Remember all seals, neck, wrists, and ankles are rolled under to so the slick (metal skin) is in contact with your skin creating a great seal. This is important to keeping the water out.

Enjoy your new suits, they're awesome, it's what I use! :)

Zak

Pretty easy to get out of. Unzip and reach back over your head and grab the zipper with both hands. Now just pull it over your head while tucking your chin. The seal should follow. If not then pull the seal up as far as you can and then grab the zipper.

Pretty easy to get out of. Unzip and reach back over your head and grab the zipper with both hands. Now just pull it over your head while tucking your chin. The seal should follow. If not then pull the seal up as far as you can and then grab the zipper.

Grab the zipper :confused:If this is anything like a drysuit zipper PLEASE DON'T
you will break the zipper and have to replace it at the cost of a lot of $$$
Grab the seal and pull it over your head while stretching the seal a bit.

Grab the zipper :confused:If this is anything like a drysuit zipper PLEASE DON'T
you will break the zipper and have to replace it at the cost of a lot of $$$
Grab the seal and pull it over your head while stretching the seal a bit.

4 years of diving and still going strong with the same zipper.

Back
Top Bottom