Isotherm Alteration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chewie07

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been enjoying my Isotherm immensely (awesome suit!). However, I finally want to have the legs and sleeves shortened. I am 5'6" (and 1/2" of course!) and I have been "bunching" up the wetsuit in the knees and elbows (It is a size XL). Well, after some recent dives, it's time to finally get this thing altered (my Aqualung "AquaFlex" LS size full wetsuit is the perfect length all around).

Who do you guys recommend (I see that Mark from Superior Diving Repairs has been recommended)? Does Mares offer alterations?

I really need to have 4 - 6" removed from the legs and the sleeves (no joke :D).

Also, how would this be approached? The isotherm has the silver neoprene that is closest to the wrists and ankles and then it has the zippered black neoprene that goes over the sleeve/cuff (or glove/boot). Where would the suit be trimmed?

I may even want to have the next extended by 1". Is that even possible?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

- Marc

Marc,

I am glad to hear you like your Isotherm. To answer your question, we do not do alterations. I am not familiar with the company you mention. I suggest you search around for a custom wetsuit maker. Should you find one, I'm sure they will know better how to make the alterations than I. I can't sew my way out of a paper bag. Good luck on your hunt and I hope all works out!

Sincerely,

Back
Top Bottom