Isolator knob position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isolators need to be turned back a bit for those of us with very short necks, as well. I think I have a permanent dent in the back of my skull from the Zero G isolator knobs . . . Of course, once Bob got done totally changing my harness, it may no longer be an issue.

My entire team ended up with slightly-backwards-turned knobs after Fundies as well. It seems to help allow my head to bend up enough to see straight ahead when against the manifold.

I'm turning mine back some as well. Along with hitting my noggin an old shoulder injury makes it tough to hit the isolator in the dry suit. when it's more upright it does not seem to be as much of an issue.

I like the "stroke, you are going to die" knob position as well. Big head and all.

For those that do the "Stroke you're going to die" position have you ever given thought to the fact that if you did manage to hit the isolator that it would rotate even further back and probably out of reach. (FWIW scootering in and out of the openings on the Saskatchewan wreck off Nanaimo= Bad Idea)

Short necks, big heads, old war wounds... I'm hearing a lot of excuses.

For those that do the "Stroke you're going to die" position have you ever given thought to the fact that if you did manage to hit the isolator that it would rotate even further back and probably out of reach. (FWIW scootering in and out of the openings on the Saskatchewan wreck off Nanaimo= Bad Idea)

Short necks, big heads, old war wounds... I'm hearing a lot of excuses.

I actually use the cross bar nuts to lock mine down. My non-halcyon manifolds (mostly thermos but also a couple DRs) with modern highland-type bands (non tack welded) rotate pretty easily and having it rotate away from me would be bad. I'll accept the risk of shearing off the knob stem if I really wack it.

Oh and mine are set maybe 10 degrees "in" towards my head.

"After Fundies"

Yeah, see, there's the problem.

I don't mean we changed it on our own; backwards was what was suggested to us in class after the first day in the pool.

I hope this isn't starting another "tuck your spg behind your plate as you cross the line" type debacle. :D

I actually use the cross bar nuts to lock mine down.

Oy vey. Anne Marie git yer delete key out. Ther's gonna be a burnin' here.

My non-halcyon manifolds (mostly thermos but also a couple DRs) with modern highland-type bands (non tack welded) rotate pretty easily and having it rotate away from me would be bad. I'll accept the risk of shearing off the knob stem if I really wack it.

You are going to die

Oh and mine are set maybe 10 degrees "in" towards my head.

Well maybe not. But you are going to be hurt really, really bad.

I don't mean we changed it on our own; backwards was what was suggested to us in class after the first day in the pool.

"suggested to us in class" and "in the pool".

I don't know what to say.

I hope this isn't starting another "tuck your spg behind your plate as you cross the line" type debacle. :D
Oh it is. You know it is. I dub thee "DA AquaGombessa"

BTW Silver doesn't show up well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom