isobaric decompression on CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I paraphrase Pascal (Pensees); "I do not believe in God. But lacking any proof contrary of His existence; I pray nevertheless"

(Yes I do take IBCD in account)

I paraphrase Pascal (Pensees); "I do not believe in God. But lacking any proof contrary of His existence; I pray nevertheless"

(Yes I do take IBCD in account)

Excellent and witty use of a classical education :)

Meng_Tze - Well put!

As for the previous posts... The work was published in 1973 not 1975. It was discovered in man and initially tested with pigs but it was a helium environment with the pigs breathing nitrogen and argon as the inert gas. ICD was also described by Lambertsen as falling into two categories: Superficial and Deep Tissue. (Citations are in the Wikipedia article)

Lambertsen recently donated his amazing life's work to the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) and the collection is located here at Duke. I have been pouring through this collection to weed out duplicates prior to inclusion in the official UHMS holdings. Below are three cool old photos from those first trials:
Human with ICD lesions on face 1
Human with ICD lesions on face 2
Pig with ICD lesions on leg (wrapped in bag)

These just happened to be in the boxes I was looking at right before reading this thread so I had to share. :dork2:

Thank you Gene for your post and all round efforts.

Surprise: The IBCD type that V-Planner warns about is described on Wikipedia under the heading Deep tissue ICD.

The prevention technique described is wrong though. The deep tech divers situation (from He to N2) is the dangerous one and should be avoided.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom