Question ISO “Best” All-Inclusive Dive Resort Options in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a look at the Blackbird site in Belize and tried to find some package price info but I got sent to a personal contact form. I really don't like everyone out there knowing how to spam me :)

Anyone have recent AI dive package price info for that outfit?

I was at Dive Haven on Turneffe (Belize) last October. Diving was great, but it was limited to 3 boat dives a day and they wanted $80 for the single night dive they organize and no shore diving. The resort was limited to 25% capacity because of Pandemic restrictions. I am not sure what it would be like at 100%. Being on the atoll, the boat came in for each surface interval.

Sunset House in Grand Cayman was fun. I was there in 2018. Two boat dives a day and unlimited shore diving. They had a “pool” with a ladder into the water and you could swim out onto the house reef From it. If you are worried about entry and exit, it won’t get easier. Breakfast was included and the patio bar had pretty good food at reasonable prices for the other meals. I usually made four dives a day including three night dives. The town was pretty dull, opening for the cruise ships and then closing when they left.

Cool thanks.
Rob, it depends on the package. Some are based on 2 dives per day and some are based on 3. Also pay attention to the meals, as some include all three meals and some are only breakfast and dinner. Depending on how you like to eat, you may save money without lunch or you may pay more ordering ala carte from the bar menu.

I booked a trip in February at Turquoise Bay for 10 days. Fyi, I was able to get a discount for staying more than the standard 7 days. It ended up saving me about $300 on the web site package prices so don't be afraid to ask if there's any deals.

Secrets Aura in Cozumel is good. It is pretty far south so it is convenient to the better reefs. I did not use their dive op.

I have done Turneffe Island Resort in Belize on Turneffe Atoll.

I have done Cayman Brac Beach Resort on Cayman Brac. It is very similar to Little Cayman Beach Resort. The diving is a bit deeper. The corals are better at the Brac.

Utila has good diving but the place I went to had problems. I have not been to Anthony’s Key Resort on RoStan. It seems tobe well regarded.
Hi. When you stayed at Secrets Aura which dive op did you use? Thanks

Interesting. How was the fish life? Is looks like mostly smaller stuff on Scuba St Lucia’s video. But I would love to see some healthy coral.

I’m looking for somewhere new in the Caribbean to try. We try different places but keep being drawn back to Cozumel. And every time I try a new location in Roatan I hope for the best but Roatan just doesn’t do it for me.
Sorry for the delayed response but I was out diving in Raja Ampat. Yes mostly smaller stuff but the coral was healthy. Roatan for me is been there done that and won't go back the diving was ok for the Caribbean.

Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019 Fun, there are kids around but you can minimize that by what time of year you go.

Cozumel has a number of A.I. resorts. I have not stayed at them. I think Secrets Aura Cozumel is adults only. I don't know what their dive op. is, if they have one, but in Cozumel some divers choose to dive with an off-site op., even if the resort they stay at has one.

It seems your focus is on quality diving, and from what I've read, with Sandals the resort rather than the diving tends to be the main feature, so I didn't get into those. Sandals struck me as pricy when I explored it in the past, though I don't drink alcohol and that's included.

Richard.
Secrets has ruined what once was Aura in Cozumel and it's is no longer adults only. No rinse areas either. Used to love that place.

Back
Top Bottom