Island Scuba - Marriott Kaanapali ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any experience with Island Scuba? Since they are located at the Marriott, it would be easy to schedule my dives around my families activities. I was planning to go with Pacific Dive, but there would be more travel involved --- any thoughts??

Thanks

Bill

A good friend of mine is an instructor with Island Scuba over there at the Maui Ocean Club.

I went out and tagged along on a drift dive at Black Rock (big rock between the Sheraton and Marriot)......I "think" it's the Sheraton, while my buddy took some people out on discover scuba. I just kind of "tootled" around with my video camera and had a blast with the friendliest turtle I've ever seen. He followed me and did nothing but, pose for the camera. Actually, I think he wanted a hand out from me.

Island Scuba will shuttle you next door, to the Sheraton, you'll don your gear, get into the water and drift over to the Marriot. Great night dives there too! Without looking at my log book, it's no more than 40 feet around the reef there. When you get closer to the Marriot, make sure to look up or you might give a snorkeler a piggy back ride.

If you talk to Island Scuba, you'll most likely go out with Vic. If you see Vic, tell him that I recommended that you come see him. Since I don't normally put my full name out on forums, just mention Lori the stunt woman.

If your up for some boat dives and if you like a 6 pack boat, (they can take I think 10 people but, they don't) I can also recommend Prodiver Maui, based out of Kihei boat ramp. Very personable service and safe op. I always seem to leave that boat with a smile on my face :) and always go back. It must be the hot chocolate Captain Don makes for me when I get back on the boat from a dive :wink:

Have fun on your trip!

Also, you might want to talk to Tim "Kidspot" or KrisB about going out on some shore dives. I've heard Shaka Doug is a kick in the pants to dive with too.

Island Scuba also does the reef right in front of the Marriott. A friend of mine was snorkeling out there when we were there a couple of weeks ago, and watched the divers from above.

If you can hook up with Kidspot, there is some great shore diving in the area, and it would be much cheaper than going with Island Scuba. Airport Beach and Mala Wharf aren't too far from Kaanapali, and Black Rock is always a good dive. Shouldn't be more than about $15 for a tank and weights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom