Island Pearl - off the coast of Vietnam near Vung Tau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone has come across this wreck? Sank in 1973 and is supposedly dive-able but I can't find any reference to it. It was also known as MV Morialta (WW2) and Waiben at various times. Grateful for any help!

Surprisingly it's not really anywhere near Vung Tau, the wreck's actually located about 63 miles south east of the island of Hon Bay Canh, one of the Con Dao islands about 100 miles south of Vung Tau. She lays at around 115' deep on a sandy bottom. Personally I haven't been, but I was able to dredge up some information on her.

Thanks very much, that's brilliant. Where did you manage to find the info?

Hi Merlin...
I have a dive shop on Con Dao and would love to have more information about this wreck !
To my knowledge I currently have the only dive able and penetrable wreck in Vietnam about 6 Km south of the main island of Con Son, it is a 60 meter long steel freighter that went down about 6 years ago (deck is at 32 meters and about 42 to the sand) and is an absolute haven for massive schools of barracuda, tuna...We were just diving on it today and it was like being in a tornado of tuna ! Mind blowing ! Nothing like it in Vietnam on a good day !
www.dive-condao.com

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom