Islamorada reef 6-4-12(pictures)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome I will be down there 16th-23rd for my 1st dive trip!! I've been going around with a big ol'grin just thinking about it I've been so excited.....

Awesome I will be down there 16th-23rd for my 1st dive trip!! I've been going around with a big ol'grin just thinking about it I've been so excited.....

Thnx I hope you enjoy your visit

Thanks. If y'all can stand the blabbering of a complete noob who can't ID species I will try to post a report when I return. I'm going to a local dive shop Thu. and I seem to recall they had a plastic board with different species of fish that you could carry under water with you I will probably buy one or a book possibly.

I debated on a cheap camera, but really want to concentrate on being a good dive buddy and not touching anything I'm not supposed too and of course not drowning!

Mike

Thanks. If y'all can stand the blabbering of a complete noob who can't ID species I will try to post a report when I return. I'm going to a local dive shop Thu. and I seem to recall they had a plastic board with different species of fish that you could carry under water with you I will probably buy one or a book possibly.

I debated on a cheap camera, but really want to concentrate on being a good dive buddy and not touching anything I'm not supposed too and of course not drowning!

Mike

Stop by Reef HQ in Key largo. They have a great id book on fish in the Keys waters

Will do!

Nice crab/fish eyes! Thanks for posting!

---------- Post added ----------

... a plastic board with different species of fish that you could carry under water with you I will probably buy one or a book possibly.

Mike

Many boats have the plastic reef/fish id cards on board. Conch Republic does. But they are inexpensive maybe $10-$15. The Ned Deloachs/Paul Humamm are a bit more but worthwhile. I have the FL Bahamas Fish ID book as well a few others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom