Isla Mujeres dive op recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just came across this thread looking for an instructor for a friend that is thinking of getting certified while in Mujeres. Anyone have specific instructor recommendations? I'd like to hook him and his wife up with a smaller group that emphasizes safety and theory in their teaching practices. They'll get certified down there, but will probably start diving locally up here in cold water, so an instructor that would give more details and training than a resort operation would be great . . .

Hopefully any dive op you get certified through will emphasize safety. A good recommendation is to get certified in the same environment you are going to be doing most of your diving. Diving in warm water and diving in cold water are different because of the more weight you will need to submerge due to your exposure protection and the amount of buoyancy your wet suit has to offer. It will be difficult to teach someone cold water diving in a warm water environment, I'm not familiar with the currents and surge of the coast up in Washington. If your friends want to get there feet wet (so to speak) then diving in warm water and moving into a cold water environment isn't a bad idea. Have fun.

I'm headed to Isla next month, and was considering Mandaca divers. Anyone here dove with them, and what can you tell me?

Cheers----Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom