Isla Mujeres dive op recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogtownmax

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My GF is going to do her referral checkout dives on Isla Mujeres, and I could use some first hand recommendations.

I have found the list of dive ops that have websites, and have examined them, but thats more of a business skill than a nautical one.

The prices all seem to work out within $10 of eachother, and it seems that smaller operations are most common, which is nice, so Im open to wherever. My initial inclination was toward Coral Dive, becuse they have both PADI and NAUI, trained people, so I figured they would be more friendly toward her SSI coursework, but thats a pretty slim disctinction as the agencies seem to stick pretty close to eachother as far as curriculum.

As for me, I like night dives, and am curious about the local wrecks, but all the shops seem to list the same locations, so thats pretty even.

I used the search function on this site to check the topic, but didnt come up with anything too relivent. I suppose the more diveing oriented folk :eyebrow: prob would just end up going to Cozumel, which I love as well, but thats a trip for another day.

So. Anyone feel particularly stongly (positively or negatively) about any of the ops on Isla Mujeres?

-Dogtown Max
"everyday is ride to work day"

oh, yeah, about the iguana... sorry, no iguana, its just that the question needed to be more interesting. :shakehead

Relative to Cozumel and the mainland areas south of Cancun, Isla Mujeres isn't a big draw for divers. I love the island and did spend quite a few vacations there prior to getting really addicted to diving.

You might get more info on an Isla Mujeres board then a dive board. Try www.myislamujeres.com/communicating/open_forum.asp It's a pretty active board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom