Isla del Cano and Uvita - help please:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:)Hi everyone,
I am new to diving, and trying to organize some diving in Costa Rica to Parke Marino Ballena in Uvita. Anyone been there before? What is it like? I also want to go to isla de Cano from Bahia Drake this Christmas. I think it is probably better to reserve in advance. What should I be careful with when reserving, or what questions should I ask, or info should I get beforehand?

Hi Karine,
it seems that the local dives in Marina Ballena are quite nice and they go to Isla del Caño too.
I just had customers who went diving with Mystic Dive Center and where satisfied with them.

Bahia Drake is the most beautiful but also remote microtown in Costa Rica.
Really really beautiful and the dives on Isla del Caño are the most beautiful in Costa Rica mainland.
Al dive shops there are operating for a longer time and serious, so i think the only thing to ask ist; Have you a place left for me?
Booking and reserving your dives and the Hotel is a very good idea because it's peak season and you may get stuck with only the most expensives available.

Don't hesitate to ask more if you like.

Best regards

Chris Karrer

Thank you Chris for this great info.
It is very helpful and reassuring.
We are bringing our camping gear.
Do you think we need reservations for that.
Places don't seem to respond to my emails.
Do diving companies usually come to pick you up somewhere practical?
Karine

All dive shops have their own hotel:
Pirate Cove: Costa Rica Hotel Pirate Cove, Drake Bay, Osa Peninsula, Cano Island Nature Retreat Hotel, Vacation Packages, Tours, Corcovado National Park, Acitvities Southern Pacific
Jinetes de Osa: Fun and Exciting Hotel in Drake Bay, Costa Rica, Corcovado National Park, Osa Peninsula
Aguila de Osa: costa rica hotels drake bay osa peninsula Aguila de Osa Inn scuba diving sport fishing whale dolphin watching

Melvin, the owner of White Tip Divers will for shure help you to get a Hotel and may pick you up there:
White Tip Divers: White Tip Divers - Drake Bay - Costa Rica

It is the best to call in the Hotel of your choice, Bahia Drake is very remote and Internet is often not working.
I had to surf out from my car on the riverbed using my cell phone as modem.
Not very confortable, but it works

Have fun!

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom