ISCAN---> Meg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Lecter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm plan on moving into eCCR in the next 6 months to a year, and am currently looking at starting on either a hybrid rEvo or a Meg. While there's a lot to like about the rEvo, I'm leaning towards the scaleability of the Meg. However, one of the most interesting things I've seen is the ISCAN electronics and wet plug connectors in the Pathfinder; the rEvo's option for a SW/RMS digital bus is also nice, but seems to only be hardwired at this point. Unfortunately, I don't think the Pathfinder is going to be a good option for me given the depths I'm already diving on OC and plan to eventually dive (with a smaller gas bill I hope) on CCR.

Anyone know whether ISC is actually planning to make the Meg available with ISCAN in the next 6 mo/year or whether that's likely to remain a Pathfinder-only thing for the foreseeable future with a Meg upgrade "available eventually"?

THe pathfinders new wet connect "ply and play" system is a great idea and make field serviceability very easy. I don't know if the Meg's will offer this...they should it's a great selling feature.
Tony and I have done our best to modify our revo's so that each component can be unplugged and a new replacement attached for field serviceability.

The ISCAN APECS 4 head hasn't been announced yet. People have said things about it, but it hasn't been announced yet.

How much diving do you plan to do below 200'?

Lot of it is already at or well below 200'. I'm thinking starting with a rEvo might be the most sensible thing and I can scale up to a Meg later on if needed. Maybe they'll surprise me and announce the new electronics before I have to decide, though.

Scale up? You mean step down...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom