Is "What Works, Works" still in business? Looking for a spool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I saw what looked like an interesting spool/reel from these folks that I was thinking of trying. Can't find anyone o the U.S. selling the things, so I sent an email a few days ago. It didn't bounce but I have had no reply, either.

I was also interested in a "spreel" but have seen no reference to those for a couple years, either.

Anyone know anything about these things? (Yes, I know, a simple finger spool works fine.)

I saw what looked like an interesting spool/reel from these folks that I was thinking of trying. Can't find anyone o the U.S. selling the things, so I sent an email a few days ago. It didn't bounce but I have had no reply, either.

I was also interested in a "spreel" but have seen no reference to those for a couple years, either.

Anyone know anything about these things? (Yes, I know, a simple finger spool works fine.)

Several months ago I saw an older video of their reel in use in a demonstration on youtube and was interested. I have searched everywhere I could think of, and like you, have had absolutely no luck!

I sent an e-mail to the company, and as well, I did an internet search for the company..... No luck on either!

If you find any information please let me know.... Til then I will continue to happily use my trusty Dive Rite reel! LOL :D

This worked for me. I don't know if there still in business but I got the web page to display.

I sent emails to the company and to Mike Edmonton at the webiste he lists in his signature....No response form anyone.

I didn't even realize at first the Spreel was the same thing I was looking at. At least I think it is. Anyway, I believe they are out of business and these things are no more. I don't know whether they failed due to lack of marketing, lack of capital, lack of interest, poor design, or what. I guess it doesn't matter

If anyone learns differently, please post.

He's deploying in the military according to a thread I just read... so he might be getting ready for that, training, etc.

give it a few days, based on this....

I didn't even realize at first the Spreel was the same thing I was looking at. At least I think it is. Anyway, I believe they are out of business and these things are no more. I don't know whether they failed due to lack of marketing, lack of capital, lack of interest, poor design, or what. I guess it doesn't matter

If anyone learns differently, please post.

poor design, i don´t think, i have one spreel, and work fine, easy to use, easy to mantain, easy to open underwater, small, easy to use for young divers or advanced. I was on the way to buy a second one.

Let me know if you find some....

Yes. Left a voice message. Never got a call back. Give it a try...you might have more luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom