Is this too simple to work ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol.
I didnt understand that soup feast untill you made it clear Lady-Diver :)

Oh well...
I need to find a good speller that can work on selected test.
Anyone knows one?

I usually compose my tomes off-line on MS Word, where da speel cheeking ist wery gud... a quick copy, and then I paste it into the message field. One of the Docs corrected two items in one of my posts... Don't want to come across as a Stroke, ya know...

:tease:

Might work, and if it does great (cheap = great) I have a question for all. I have never been on a dive trip (ie:commercial) but I've heard that they have some type of recall system...I would like to rig up something on my boat so that my wife can get my attention...any suggestions??
Thanks,

Bobb
The guys around here use what is effectively a small explosive. About pencil sized - I believe they are commercially availiable.

Apparently _very_ loud, and you don't want to be near one when it goes off.

Not sure you want to use these for casual attention getting though...

Mike

Recall from boat Hmmm... How about a bike horn , you know the rubber ball on 1 end fitted on to a horn type thing.
Hey ..isnt that how that kid got flipper to come to the boat?

Hey all,

Scuba Pro has come out with a mass diver recall system. All of a sudden, you just can't seem to breathe out of that new SP regulator. I hear it's VERY effective at getting divers out of the water... :tease:

Bobb....just bang a wrench on the metal ladder. The sound should carry through the water well enough to get any diver's attention.

While at Athens Scuba Park recently, I was chatting with the park owner when he needed to get the attention of one of the other divers. So he grabbed a wrench out of his golf cart and started banging on the metal structure and ladder of the dock we were sitting on.

Not only did the diver we wanted surface, but so did about 30 other people all over the quarry (9 acres of water)

Thanks TexasMike for the wrench input....but we've tried that with some success...I've got a pontoon boat and my wife would bang on one of the pontoons, sometimes I'd hear her but more than a few times I didn't...As far as the bike horn, I'm not sure that would work more than a short distance....I was wondering if one of those air horns (for boating) would work....hmmmmmm
thanks to all for your suggestions.

There are boats that let you snorkle with Pacific Whitesided dolphins in the BC area. One year my dive buddy and I carried clickers to see if they would attract the dolphins (you know - so we could get the best photos!). My experience with them is that the sound didn't travel that well UW. I mean for this human. The dolphins either didn't hear it or weren't particularly impressed.

Ok so I said i would get back to the group and let you all know the results of the clicker test . Well the short and sweet of it is that the idea sucked , well that is unless i can find a clicker that comes with a built in volume control. By the way the test was done this past week diving in Cuba, Which i would be happy to post a report if anyone is interested , but i do realize that Cuba is a sensitive subject to some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom