Is this too simple to work ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canuckme

Reaction score
During my last dive i wanted to get my buddies attention , he was not far from me only 10 ft or so but he was looking In the opposite direction. I only wanted to point out something i had seen.
Long story short i got his attention by making some sort of vocal noise . When i got home i got to thinking that it may be a good idea to find a better attention getter. Looking around on the net i noticed $60.00 air horn type gadgets and a $10 whistle that can be blown .
I happened to watch an old war movie where the soldiers used a clicker(those things we played with as kids) to communicate with each other. Well it took some looking but for $2 bucks i may have found a simple attention getter.I have not tried it yet but i will be diving Cuba later this month and i am taking clickers to pass around .

ohhh.. band of brothers... SOOO GOOD.. Good Idea.. those things would totally work... those whistles work pretty good as well... still haven't seen one of the crazy in line air horns though..

Snapple bottle top's would work as a clicker... :D

Canuckme welcome to the board. I could hear your clicking all the way over here. Where are you from in Ontario?? Big spot for those south of the 49th. I am in east-central Ontario east of Peterborough and northwest of Belleville.

Butch :peace:

being used UW. If I remember correctly they worked pretty well.

Hey Canuckme;

Welcome to the board; Where are you at?

Butch is out near Peterbourough. Diving Gal is in Ottawa. I'm in Toronto. Somebody should be near you unless you are out Wawa Way. (Gotta luv the big Goose!) If you would like; drop me an e-mail and let's get some diving in before the water gets hard!

Welcome to the board. Can somebody e-mail me a review of Band of Brothers. Couldn't see it in Ontario - or couldn't find it.

(by the way, if your buddy is too far away to get his attention - your buddy is too far away. Depth, viz experience and other conditions not withstanding...)

See.. now this is very strange. The HBO show that i hear aired last nite had a clicker scene in it ?? . I actually got the idea from the movie.. The Longest Day.. which was on late at nite weeks back. The only reason i decided to post my idea today was because i had finally found a store that sells clickers. They are about 2 inches long ,1 inch deep, 1 inch wide , encased in plastic with a thumb size opening to reach the clicker part, also has an eye to attach to a retractor or lanyard.As for rust ya it probably will but for 2 bucks a season what the hey .
Thanks to all for the welcome , I am here mostly to lurk and learn. And hello Butch I am from Hamilton and have spent lots of time up in the Kawarthas fishing .

Band of Brothers: The first two parts were great, but they didn't show the third part. I was really disappointed since the movie was going so good. I haven't looked for the next time it airs, but I really want to see the ending. I thought it was on par with Saving Private Ryan.

Mike

OD .......Band of Brothers is on TMN. I get it on Bell dish.

Canuckme.........great fishing here. Diving isn't too bad either.

Butch :peace:

I believe the remaining episodes (one hour each) will be shown each Sunday from September 16th through November 11th. Set your VCR's; well worthwhile watching. It follows a book written by Stephen Ambrose, who does a great job in telling the history of great events. I recommend reading D Day by him.

Back
Top Bottom