Is this the correct sizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totoro_biru

Registered
Reaction score
Yayy! Finally my pink FF has arrived, right on time before my holiday.. Thank you FF team. Bob forgot to sign my FF though :( I was wondering though when i tried it on.. is this the right sizing? coz it feel kind of wobbly.. the bungle strap and comfort in step is a bit uncomfortable as well.. will it wear out later on? attached the picture when i tried it on..

Attachments

• IMG-20111210-01228.jpg
    IMG-20111210-01228.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG-20111210-01229.jpg
    IMG-20111210-01229.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 116
They look fine as far as sizing.

I would make 2 small suggestions -

1. slide the comfort insert a little further toward the toe - this will let your foot slide a little bit further into the foot pocket. I like to see a little more of my toes.

2. You can bend the heel pad on the bungie strap so that it forms more to your heel - that will loosen it some and also make it so all the pressure is not on the back edge. It will soften with use and become more comfortable.

Good luck with your new fins and Dive Safely

I definitely want to see more toe, this will do 2 things for you;
1) Free your toes up, or really the base of your toes/ball of your foot.
2) get the base of the fin better supported on your heel (bone). This will prevent the fin from biting into your arch and all you to fully harness the power of the fin without discomfort.

Force Fins should feel laterally wobbly, its part of how they fit, don't worry about that. When you kick into them you shouldn't notice the lateral slop. I will say, using the comfort instep should help cushion you from the very hard material that the fin is made from.

The comfort instep and bungie strap cushion are pretty firm materials, I normally roll them up tight a handful of time to let them relax some, that should help. The material, although firm is pretty smooth and shouldn't cause any hotspots specially once your underwater.

I just picked up a used pair and was wondering the same thing since, even with my 5mil boot, there is a small amt of wiggle room. Glad to see this post as I wanted to get an idea of how far to push my foot into the fin to make it fit properly.
From what you've written, looks like if I put my foot through most of the way, there's very little heel past the bed of the fin which should be the way to wear them... correct?

Also, how tight should I pull the straps... figure if I really like using these fins, I'll get a new pair of yellow one with the bungie on the back

Heading down to roatan in macrh and can't wait to try them out!!

You don't need the straps tight - just tight enough that the keep your foot in the pocket. You do not even need the straps to hold the fins on since normal kicking pushes them onto your foot.

Sounds like the fit is fine.

Enjoy.

the easiest way to get them on, slip them on and dive, they will push onto your foot were they belong as they push you forward. no need for a strap unless your fighting through the surf to enter and exit.

i've tried them on for snorkeling in Phuket.. shallow water and deep water.. also on the deep pool.. barefoot..

they fit my expectation although a bit hard to adjust the kicking at first.. can still use the fin when i climb up the boat ladder.. easy to put on and take off under water.. good maneuver and propeller

but they still hurt on my feet arch.. try to adjust the comfort instep, but still doesn't made any difference.. it is wobbly on my feet and keep on bumping on the arch..
and i have to adjust the bungle strap all the way downward or the strap material is a bit bothersome *don't know how to explain it exactly in English*

maybe it's just me.. maybe i don't wear it right or use it right.. I still think the material for the comfort instep and strap can be softer..

my friend that is 2 shoe size bigger than me use it and she said it is comfortable.. maybe the force fin is bigger than it should be for me..?

Back
Top Bottom