Is this the average diver?

Is this the average diver?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 143 94.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure what all will be involved for me to get back to the sweet sweet spot that I was in, prior to what will be a 2 year hiatus.

It probably won't be like you had been diving yesterday, but for sure like you had been diving the day before

I see mainly jacket BCDs in my area, some wing BCDs but not BP/W and occasionally side mount. Standard regulator set ups (2nd & Octo on 1st stage w/standard hoses) and a lot of dry suits. To be fair there isn't much opportunity here for tec diving; few know their SAC rate and many don't know RMV. I get questions because I dive mainly side mount and occasionally solo, which isn't real common here but never anything negative.

According to my scientific research, the average diver, at least on SB, dives with a back plate and wing, a long hose primary regulator and a bungeed backup, a non-AI computer with a SPG, and has an average RMV of 0.4-0.59 cubic feet/minute (11.3-16.7 liters/min)

Does this describe the average diver you see in your diving?

How do you dive, part 2?
View attachment 587798

Regulator configuration for recreational diving
View attachment 587800

How do you dive?
View attachment 587801

Average Gas Consumption
View attachment 587803

If you have not voted in any of the previous polls, consider doing so :)
The average diver on ScubaBoard has a lot of free time to write about diving. Dive outlets make most of their money selling to big spenders who give it away after a few seasons.

On an average boat dive, there always will be one guy with a backplate among a dozen of divers, but this does not make him an average diver.

PS: I do not even know what my RMV is, and I am sure the average diver does not know his either.

Average diver?
1. Won't even know this board let alone participating on the survey.
2. Using jacket bc
3. RMV/SAC? What is that?
4. GF! That is personal question.
5. BP/W? Excuse me I have to look it up from my smart phone.
6. STA? Are you sure you are not talking about STD?

Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom