Is This Tank One Of The Bad Ones (6351-t6)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on a current classifieds posting it's perfectly safe and worth 80% of the cost of a brand new tank and valve. :idk:

Seriously though, it's good for scrap, a cool wind chime, or a baseball-bat-proof mailbox.

Also, any long distance rifle ranges love them for targets.

Yeah, I thought 1976 would be considered vintage as well, but maybe not for these two old timers.

However, you gave me reason to pause and go back and search the forum rules. I found absolutely nothing that would date the tanks as newer than vintage, so I'm standing by for an explanation for your rudeness.

I did find the definition for bullying and dog piling and you seem to fit those definitions nicely. I will not stupe to name calling though. You seem like the kind of people that need to move along to the geratol forums and leave the diving to the young guys. Whatcha think old timer?

For the helpful ones, thank you for the guidance on the old USD tanks. I appreciate it.

Apparently there is confusion between classic vintage and just plain old. A 1957 Chevy is vintage, just as a 1957 steel 72, a 1978 Plymouth is just an old car just as a 1978 AL 80 is just an old tank..

For the helpful ones, thank you for the guidance on the old USD tanks. I appreciate it.

For what it's worth, the problems getting older aluminum tanks filled vary regionally.

In the Minneapolis area I haven't had a problem. Dive shops here, even particularly conservative and safety-oriented dive shops, will fill them as long as they have a up to date visual eddy test (along with VIP and hydro). While there are people who believe that they are unsafe, there haven't been any accidents or incidents with these tanks since the enhanced inspections were required.

Battlefrog71
Hit 1000+ dives and then you will have a background on which to acknowledge us as in the "geratol" diving group. Captain and I have forgotten more about diving than you will probably ever know. Without your SPG and BCD, you would be lost. And, if you were "certified" by a recent agency, believe me, the classes/rigors are no where as they were in the 1950s and 60s. As a "yuth" of <100 dives, you have a long time ahead of real learning.
I wish you well.

Apparently there is confusion between classic vintage and just plain old. A 1957 Chevy is vintage, just as a 1957 steel 72, a 1978 Plymouth is just an old car just as a 1978 AL 80 is just an old tank..
I've got it. "Vintage" is whatever YOU say it is. You are very special.

Spoken like a used car salesman.

I keep thinking this forum is for "Vintage" dive gear. 1986 post dates the forum criteria. Go somewhere else.
Simonbeans,

There is a whole new generation out there, and they think 30 years is "vintage," as they were kids at that time. :wink:

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom