Is This Tank One Of The Bad Ones (6351-t6)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect I'm older than most of you grumpy old men who are so nostalgic about how great it used to be, and probably did my first scuba before most of you.
But that doesn't make me more knowledgeable, or smarter, or a better diver, or give me the right to denigrate the youngsters.
It just makes me older.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Chinese Proverb

This forum is for vintage diving. A small segment of the ScubaBoard. All most of us ask is for a question to be asked AFTER a person does a little of his own research. Many of us learned to dive by reading, and reading some more. And then we took a class that made or broke you as a diver. And if you think we are grumpy, then maybe another adage that I am sure us of that generation were taught is to respect elders and realize their life experience might just be a bit more than the youngsters who "know it all".

I suspect I'm older than most of you grumpy old men who are so nostalgic about how great it used to be, and probably did my first scuba before most of you.
But that doesn't make me more knowledgeable, or smarter, or a better diver, or give me the right to denigrate the youngsters.
It just makes me older.
Well, I may be older, but I'm far from a "grumpy old men" designation. :wink:

This second photo was taken after a dive at High Rocks on the Clackamas River, which is why I'm sans weight belt and the reserve lever is down. Note that these vintage tank systems are steel tanks.

Here's a write-up by Bill High about these cylinders:
PSI-PCI - A short Review of 6351 Alloy Aluminum Cylinders

SeaRat

PS--I hit 70 years old last December.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom