Is this "old" news? NOAA memo to discontinue use of SP MK20 1st stage regs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think ti's that old. It's dated in March, just two months ago.

If you go to ScubaPro's website, they don't have recall info that I could easily find, but they also don't have it listed as a product anymore.

I think that memo of it from NOAA and the pic of the cracked first stage is enough to make me chunk mine (if I owned one.). I'd at least be on the phone with ScubaPro asking why there wasn't a recall.

It said it was cracking where the yoke attached. I wonder if they were hooking this to a tank filled with more than 3000psi with a yoke connection? (just something to consider).

See this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=97804

Anyone thinking of throwing out their Mk20s.. i would be happy to have them ;-)

Over torqued during service was the reason, and you can swap out the component for one from the Mk25 which would stop this from being possible. Or convert to DIN. The tank presure is not an issue, ignoring torque settings is!

mike_s:
I don't think ti's that old. It's dated in March, just two months ago.

If you go to ScubaPro's website, they don't have recall info that I could easily find, but they also don't have it listed as a product anymore.

I think that memo of it from NOAA and the pic of the cracked first stage is enough to make me chunk mine (if I owned one.). I'd at least be on the phone with ScubaPro asking why there wasn't a recall.

It said it was cracking where the yoke attached. I wonder if they were hooking this to a tank filled with more than 3000psi with a yoke connection? (just something to consider).

Back
Top Bottom