Is this fit o.k.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a Northern Diver custom cut dry suit.

It is beautiful. But.

I have big legs and I told them that when they cut it. The suit fits tight in my thighs and butt-I can sit down no problem since its stretchy 3mil. neoprene.

I don't know if I can fit a "heavier" undersuit underneath it. And if I can I would think the loft of the undergarment and therefore the warmth of it will be diminished by the tightness of the suit in the thigh and butt area.

I usually don't have a problem with cold on my legs-or butt for that matter. I plan on diving in Monterey this weekend and would like to use it. Should I??? Or just try to send it back and get one cut bigger??

Thanks
Mike

if you fit in it tight it will be ok as long as its not constricting actually it will be little bit more insulated this way if your really concern then sedn it back but if it was me would get a shorty to fit over if to help with warmth.

If you paid for a custom suit.... I would make sure it fit you "perfect". That is the idea behind having it custom made for you. Perhaps take it to a local dealer... and get his opinion of the fit.

Who did the measurements you or the shop. If you did them unfortnantly you will take the blame for the screw up. If your shop did it take it back to them and have them send it back to ND for alterations. The put a shorty over the drysuit idea might sound good in theory but I think it would create more problems then it would be solving. I think it would restrict air movement which could be a problem when ascending.

Talk to Bob3 on this board I'm sure he can give you some good advice. He's a REP. for ND

buff once bubbled...
I plan on diving in Monterey this weekend and would like to use it. Should I??? Or just try to send it back and get one cut bigger?
... were you able to constrain yourself and send the suit back...
Or did you go ahead and dive it?

What happened to your Aqualung drysuit? Was it no good?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom