Is this correct...new setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing to be concerned with are the o-rings at the "male" ends of the hoses that are threaded into the first stage. Most shops with lubricate them any time they remove a hose with just a tiny bit of silicone to keep them from drying out and splitting.

Also, be careful when screwing the hoses into the first stage -- you don't need to use a huge amount of torque to tighten them down (this will deform the o-ring and could result in a leak). Get them finger tight and then go just a little tighter with a wrench.

DOH -- I just saw that TXMike already posted all this......I guess it's worth repeating ;-)

One other point -- use fixed wrenches if possible. This will reduce the wear and tear on the hose fittings (normally made of brass, which is easy to scratch up).

Good luck.

Where does one get this silicone grease? Are there additives that one should avoid?

The instructions for my Oceanic regulator state that silicone grease is acceptable only if the regulator is not designated for use with nitrox. Otherwise, something called Christo-lube MCG 111 is specified.

Scubaroo is right. It looks like you have your cobra hooked up on the wrong side. You don't want any other hoses on your right side except 2nd stage hoses. That way if your regulator gets knocked out of your mouth the only thing on that side to grab is your regulator weather it be your primary or your octo.

Damn, holly smokes. This must be one of the oldest threads ever that were resurrected from death. 4 1/2 years old, this must be some kind of the record...
I only heard of the name Warhammer...(well, maybe I saw some pics too... :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom