Is this correct...new setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justscuba

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I have a simple question and im new so dont laugh... Im just getting certified and bought some equiptment. i was just making sure i hooked up the regs and computer correctly.
The setup is:
Apex
tx50
tx40 (oct)
t20
suunto cobra computer
sea quest pro qd
Here is the pic...
http://www.completeaudio.8m.com/11.htm
I hooked up the 2 regs and the inflator hose to the swivel part of the reg. Then hooked the computer up to one of the valves under the yoke clamp screw.
I belive that they are diffrent size ports so it cant be messed up...but just want to make sure.
Thanks

not familiar with your specific reg but your ports should be labled LP or HP The regs and inflator should be on LP ports Your Gauges should be on an HP port. Hope this helps.

Fiddler

If you bought it at a shop the shop should assemble it free of charge.

if from elsewhere, take it to where you were taught your LDS and ask

The Killer is right....if you bought this from a shop, they should have assembled (and tested) it for you.

But, if this is not the case, I can answer some of your questions....

On my Zeagle Tech50D (the Apeks TX50 clone for Zeagle), the High pressure side is the same section of metal where your yoke is. This is where you Guages hook to (or in your case, the Cobra).

The "top" portion that has the 4 ports is the low pressure side. This is where your primary and secondary 2nd stages hook to, and your inflator hoses for BC and Drysuit.

When attaching hoses, make sure to lube the o-ring with a bit of silicone grease, and when tightening with your wrench, only torque it down slightly.

Does this help you?

Another quick thought...

If you got this stuff used, go ahead and have the annual service done on it. This way YOU know it was done, and the technician has signed off the reg being okay. Well worth the few bucks it will cost ya for parts and time.

its all new stuff...from dive inn..(great service was at my house in 3 days)
i will be going to the shop tomm to pick up my tanks so i will double check there.
thanks

Another method would be to hook the rig up to a tank, turn on the valve and duck! If something explodes, it wasn't correct.

Just kidding, take it to a shop and have them double check. No point in taking chances.

Scott:wink:

Looks like you have it right, justscuba. There are 4 ports on the swivel and they are all LP(low pressure ports) for second stages, BC inflator, & dry suit inflator. There are 2 HP Ports(High Pressure) under them on the main body, 1 on each side of the 1st stage. Those are for your air intergrated computer and/or SPG.

Originally posted by Scottri
Another method would be to hook the rig up to a tank, turn on the valve and duck! If something explodes, it wasn't correct.

Just kidding, take it to a shop and have them double check. No point in taking chances.

thats the funniest thing i have heard allday.but you would know for sure that youF.....D UP

Which side do you want to access your computer from? Its looks like in the picture you'll have both your computer and octopus coming from under your right arm. A lot of people have their computer coming from their left. Of course it can come from either side, it's just a question of preference.

I have a Apeks TX50 (also courtesy of Dive Inn), I found that for my Pro-QD, putting the LP inflator hose on the port pointing away from the tank was more streamlined when it comes to clipping the LP hose to the groove in the Powerline inflator. It looks like you have yours the other way. Try it and see which is best for you.

The primary 2nd stage should be fitted to the largest of the LP ports. This is a design feature peculiar to Apeks. Both of your 2nd stages look fine.

Of course, you can configure your regs however you want! Your unused LP port is for a drysuit inflator hose. Your unused HP port is for flexibility in configuration (or a backup SPG etc).

Something neat you can do with this setup is buy a springloaded mini-retractor for about $15 (Gadget Gear make them along with a few others), and attach the keyring part to the light grey plastic loop on the end of your Suunto compass on your console. When you go diving, just clip the retractor off on one of your BC D-rings, and this keeps your console nice and close to your body for easy access, and off the bottom (and stops it from damaging fragiles like coral). When you are finished looking at your console, simply let go and it retracts nice and neat against your front. Highly recommended - its so convenient to be able to find your console always in the same position, instead of trying to find it each time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom