Is this club active?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guamgirl

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've lived in RI for three years now, and I need an active dive club with great people who will encourage me to venture into our frigid waters. I was hoping I might find them here, but the last post on this board was May 2009, which suggests to me I will have to look elsewhere. So... thoughts? Ideas? Resources? Referrals?

Thanks!

Hello

DCRI ended as of Dec 31, 09. However, there are two other clubs that are great. Rouge Island Divers its a yahoo group where you can post where and when you want to dive and you will get tons of people who will want to dive with you. Also Giant Stride Dive Shop also has a yahoo group and is in the process of starting up where DCRI left off. Any time you want to dive just let me know.401.345.0006

I look forward to diving with you soon

Margery

I've lived in RI for three years now, and I need an active dive club with great people who will encourage me to venture into our frigid waters. I was hoping I might find them here, but the last post on this board was May 2009, which suggests to me I will have to look elsewhere. So... thoughts? Ideas? Resources? Referrals?

Thanks!

You could come visit the club that my wife and I belong to, the Old Colony Amphibians Old Colony Amphibians. We have been members(I am currently the VP)
since 1993. It is a very active club with 60+ members. It was founded back in 1959.

Thanks Margery. I've looked them both up. Turns out, I almost went to a Giant Stride club meeting in November - emailed for information from their website but never heard back from anyone. But I've joined the yahoo groups and will see what happens.

Thanks also Sean. I'll check out the Old Colony Amphibians website. Hopefully between all of these resources, I'll manage to get my butt in the cold, cold water!

Thanks Margery. I've looked them both up. Turns out, I almost went to a Giant Stride club meeting in November - emailed for information from their website but never heard back from anyone. But I've joined the yahoo groups and will see what happens.

Thanks also Sean. I'll check out the Old Colony Amphibians website. Hopefully between all of these resources, I'll manage to get my butt in the cold, cold water!

Well welcome to Rouge Island Divers guamgirl! I 'm new to Rouge Island Divers myself joined in nov 09. Haven't done any diving with them yet. Red seems like a nice guy. I met a few others at the Blue Lip Dive New Years Day. They're a good bunch. I'll be doing a lot of diving this year mostly night diving I expect AfterDark don't ya know.:D See ya in the water.

Thanks also Sean. I'll check out the Old Colony Amphibians website. Hopefully between all of these resources, I'll manage to get my butt in the cold, cold water![/QUOTE]

I have been out your way several times and can tell you this: don't expect the same dive conditions as you would in Micronesia(nothing like stating the obvious huh?) but we do have some very enjoyable diving here.

Sean - I know - nothing like 82 F top to bottom and 100+ visibility! I'm not convinced I'll even enjoy diving here in RI, but I won't know until I try it, right?

Orion - I live in south county, and I have no gear for our water temps. I'd pretty much need to rent everything except maybe my regulator to dive here. My BC is a super slim, meant-for-traveling and warm-water-diving, that won't even hold the weight I'd need here. I'd love to hear recommendations about dive shops to look into for rentals.

I pm'd you with some info. Good luck.

Hi Everyone, I will be in the Rhode Island area the end of July and would like to try some diving up there. I am looking for a dive shop to dive with or someone who don't mind diving with someone that has very little salt water dives. I have e-mailed some dive shops up there and have not recieved any replys. Thanks for any help or suggestions, Gerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom