Is this based on a real full face mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Powertrip

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Saw this in Uncharted 4, they do pretty well with the guns so was curious but the closest I could find was the OTS full face mask

Attachments

• DE167315-FF84-470C-9872-49358B095C25.jpeg
    DE167315-FF84-470C-9872-49358B095C25.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 594F246D-3E63-403E-AD81-28D50CC56133.jpeg
    594F246D-3E63-403E-AD81-28D50CC56133.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 53
Not an expert, but I would vote for Hollywood magic. I note the mask in the photos shows the diver's nose and mouth. I have not yet seen an FFM that did not enclose the nose and mouth in a nose pocket. NOt saying the don't exist, but there are reasons the disign of the FMM I am familiar with. I all the FFM I have ever seen (admittedly few) Air enters the mask, then goes through a one-way valve to the cup enclosing the nose and mouth then out. So I would say this is another Hollywood invention. Like the six-shooters that fire 20 bullets before being reloaded. I could be wrong.

Not an expert, but I would vote for Hollywood magic.

Agreed. Kirby Morgan has made a number of FFMs for TV and movie productions. They would normally never make a demand mask or hat without an oral nasal due to CO2 buildup issues, but producers want the audience to see as much of the actor's face as possible.

Since it's in Uncharted, it's extremely likely to be C.G.I.. Maybe something real combined with the C.G.I..

That helmet looks suspiciously like a football (handegg for you non Americans) helmet to me.

Back
Top Bottom