Is this a good deal on a Titan LX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passedoutwookie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks, I'm in the market for a new reg setup and found this guy's ad on craigslist. I'm not nearly as much in the know as some of you guys are so I was hoping someone might take a look at this and drop some knowledge on me. Scuba reg set with computer

Is this a good deal? What are some things I should ask and look for if I go see it in person. Thanks!

Not really, Gekko computer is over 10 years since introduced and usually can get on ebay for less than $150. & I have seen Aqualung titan used regs on ebay for $150 or less. I would offer $250 for equipment.

Exactly the info I'm looking for. Keep it coming if anyone else wants to chime in.

Just as a side, I was planning to offer $300

just based off the picture, it doesn't look like a titan 1st stage. you would have to inspect it to figure out what it is. i wouldn't offer 300 but that's just me.

He says its a scuba pro 1st stage. Thanks for the input guys. If you guys know where any better deals are please direct me that way. I've got a post up on the marketplace board, just trying to see what's out there in my price range.

Edit* he also says the whole setup is 2 years old with 80 dives on it.

i would go like 150 to 200 tops. its mismatched, so it was cobbled together at some point. he's probably selling it because it needs a service and the price you offer should be low enough to cover the 100+ you might need to get it serviced. do you have an urgent need to buy regs soon? if your budget is 300ish including computer, you may want to just either save up some more for new equipment or wait for a better deal to pop up.

I would rather go for a new set.

In Europe the Titan LX Supreme you can get for a very good price new, and you have the octopus also as Titan LX.

Aqualung Titan LX Supreme Atemreglerset Pro Regulator Set Pro | eBay

The ABS Octo is a pretty lousy one.

With the European offer you have a perfect all rounder (warm and cold diving), technically almost the same like a Legend for a price below dealer pricing because the Titan LX was replaced by the Aqualung Core this year.

If you treat it right you probably never need another regulator in your life again.

Okay, you have to look for another computer.

Anyway, good luck!

So much good info. What a great community. I'm not needing to buy one today, or this week, I'm just tired of renting crappy regs every weekend.

Axxel, a thanks for sending me that eBay link. That was really convincing, I just wish I could read the ad!

I suggest that you purchase your regulators new, do not forget that this is life support. You can get some great deals online- LeisurePro, scuba.com & ScubaToys. Also you might want to research Hog. regulators- good pricing and getting great reviews. As far as computer you can buy used but make sure it is Nitrox & Air compatible.

I recently sold a Titan LX, octo, first stage, w/ Cressi console (non computer) for $275 for reference.

Back
Top Bottom