Is this a good deal for a steel tank 120

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just found out Its a scuba pro tank and he is the original owner. how much does it cost to get hydro and vis done on average? so if the tank fails hydro how much can you get scraping it?
Thanks for your help

Shop around for both the hydro and vis....they can be anywhere between $5-15 for a vip and $15-30 for a hydro.

(valve included right?) $100 is a very good price for an hp 100, so it's worth the gamble to pay for the inspections. But, even though almost all steel tanks pass hydro, make the sale contingent upon the tank passing both.

Couv

well the tank was sold i guess i was to slow. but i found out hydros cost about $35 with vis

For next time. You want to know if it is compatible with your regulator setup - DIN or Yoke.

I love HP 3442 steel tanks - 100s are my favorite.

I have bought 3 3442 hp steel tanks and 4 al 80s (my skinny son and my skinny dive buddy both prefer these) on craigslist. I passed up 2 more used 3442 100s because I thought I had enough of them, but since then 100s have become my favorite. Kick myself when I miss these great sales. But I have never ran out of tanks (yet :) ) when on a scuba trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom