Is there anything to see diving off Bellows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better golf and body surfing there. Hanauma Bay for tame snorkeling. meesier42 seems to have some insight though. Probably not a good time for Halona Cove between Sandy Beach and Koko Head.

I didn't even think about Halona and Lanai Lookout, but those are advanced to very advanced dives that you really need someone to show you how to enter and exit safely, not to mention navigate. and you have to time the surf, as both locations amplify the a 3-4 foot surf into 10+ killers and the Molokai Express will gladly take you for a long ride that only the coast guard can save you from.

here is another resource that is valuable.
http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/Hawaii/Oahu/index.htm

Just bring a snorkel. The water doesn't get deep enough for you to need a tank, and there's not much to see within swimming distance of the beach. Lugging along your dive gear will probably just make you tired and frustrated.

ok i know its a shame to have been here as long as i have and not know but ..... where is bellows?

If you are military, or have military friends, the military portion of Bellows is really nice - driving range, paint ball, miniature golf, cabins to rent, tent camping spaces, hot showers on the beach etc.. Fortunately I have military friends :wink:

There is also public camping outside the military portion, just not as many amenities.

btw - we went snorkeling for 90 minutes yesterday, swam out for nearly an hour against the waves and got nearly out to the breakwater/reef but never saw more than 9fsw - the highlight of the day was either "the" fish, "the" rock" or "the" sea cucumber ... saw one of each - lol ... actually I think I saw TWO rocks :wink:

It was a good workout if nothing else and we may try again today. :)

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom