Is there any way...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is there any way to ignore a particular forum or group of forums?

on 'new posts', yes. user cp, edit options, last on the page.

dunno about not seeing it if you go to the main page to surf. i bet you'd still see it.

on 'new posts', yes. user cp, edit options, last on the page.

Thanks! I had actually used it before and couldn't remember where the heck it was.

Much appreciated.

I actually use a somewhat odd method of "ignoring" forums. First, I subscribe to all the forums I care to read regularly. Then, I go into User CP, Edit Options page and exclude *everything* but the couple forums I don't follow regularly (but that I still want to glance at here and again).

So, when I come to ScubaBoard, I use the User CP page as my "homepage", and it displays "my version" of SB. My "New Posts" link, then, only displays the new posts in Hot Deals, the classifieds, some of the medical-type forums, and not much else. It's an interestingly efficient way of "customizing" SB.

(Of course, when I see a new forum pop up into my New Posts page, I have to go exclude it, but I only bother updating that every once in a while.)

I use a different set-up to find what I want.
Code:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&include=423,477,25,471,472,57,324,473,474,245&do=getdaily&days=5
For instance, this URL will give me all new threads in the European forums over the last five days.

I use a few of these to keep track of my areas of interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom