Is there a wrist pad to help secure dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could also fix the computer on a soft goodman handle, glove, or as you suggest a wrist or arm brace.

I had a student who had no right hand once and we did something like that for a wrist compass.

there is also the bio wrist seal by Apollo that is used to build up people’s wrists for drysuit seals.

I got a Cressi Giotto Wrist Computer. (Plastic strap)
Hmmm, I would have thought that strap could be fastened short enough for your wrist. Maybe it just needs an extra hole or two punched in it? I'd certainly try and make the strap shorter before I tried to make your wrist bigger!

I don't know that PDC - but, maybe cut a disk out of a mouse pad (or old wet suit) and glue it to the back of the pdc with something like a weather strip glue or aquaseal to take up space? You would need to remove it for battery changes, etc.

You could cut the pad in a reverse hourglass shape and slot it to go on each part of the strap..

It likely wouldn't slide...

Have it implanted and go cyborg.

Hmmm, I would have thought that strap could be fastened short enough for your wrist. Maybe it just needs an extra hole or two punched in it? I'd certainly try and make the strap shorter before I tried to make your wrist bigger!

I use the inner-most hole and it still rotates around when I swim. I'd prefer a solution that doesn't require irreversibly modifying the watch itself in case I want to re-sell or gift it later :D

I don't know that PDC - but, maybe cut a disk out of a mouse pad (or old wet suit) and glue it to the back of the pdc with something like a weather strip glue or aquaseal to take up space? You would need to remove it for battery changes, etc.

You could cut the pad in a reverse hourglass shape and slot it to go on each part of the strap..

It likely wouldn't slide...

Cool ideas!!! Got plenty of mouse pads home :bounce:

Mares Icon HD computers actually ship with a square little neoprene pad with 2 slots for the strap for exactly this purpose. It would very easy to make one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom