Is there a specific mount for the Aeris/Oceanic computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score

I got a Uwatec bottom timer mount to try with the Veo 180 and Aeris XR-1. It fits but it is not a perfect fit.

Also, are there any tricks to threading the bungie so that it is easily adjustable for use in rental where the wrist sizes vary?

Boy, if you solve that last one, please let me know. One of my biggest frustrations with this unit is that, for the life of me, I can't seem to find a bungie arrangement that is comfortable. It is either too small, or too big. I'm kinda getting burned out on trying to find the right one. even if I do, it will never do for drysuit and non-drysuit diving.

One the one solution I can think of, using one of those sort of cylindrical pass-through adjustment thingies will leave a lot of "excess" cord hanging out of the top, so it doesn't really strike me as a solution.

I got a Uwatec bottom timer mount to try with the Veo 180 and Aeris XR-1. It fits but it is not a perfect fit.

Our mounts are model specific. We list the instrument models that our mounts fit.

If your particular instrument is not listed, we do not produce a mount for it.

We have just finished a mount for the Oceanic VT3, but we do not offer a mount for the VEO.

Tobin

Boy, if you solve that last one, please let me know. One of my biggest frustrations with this unit is that, for the life of me, I can't seem to find a bungie arrangement that is comfortable. It is either too small, or too big. I'm kinda getting burned out on trying to find the right one. even if I do, it will never do for drysuit and non-drysuit diving.

One the one solution I can think of, using one of those sort of cylindrical pass-through adjustment thingies will leave a lot of "excess" cord hanging out of the top, so it doesn't really strike me as a solution.

I use 5/32" bungee. Easy to lace, and is a good balance between ease of stretch and retention. I've am aware of no other reports of users being unable to find a bungee length that is secure and comfortable.

I usually lace my mounts with a continuous length of bungee, and pass the bungee around the back of the mount, on top between the loop closer to my wrist and the loop closer to my elbow.

That offers the advantage of allowing a longer total length of bungee, and it offers the chance to adjust the two loops relative to each other.

Hope that helps,

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom