Is there a reson for this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Janni:
Why are you so sure it's fake? If it is, then fine, but if it's not, it's not. Right? Do you know for sure?

Not that I care a whole lot. I was just amazed by the picture and didn't consider it might be fake. I wondered why anyone with need to rig out like that. It's not that big of a stretch from the rigs shown in this link http://www.inspired-training.com/depth_record.htm posted by dannobee. There are divers there with 6 tanks. Do you think those are fake as well?

Look close. See the twin tank bands on the set of doubles closest to him? They've got bolts running to nothing. What's holding the tanks to the fella?

If you look even closer, you'll notice a notable lack of hoses running from the extra tanks. How's he gonna breathe off them with no regulator?

How's he going to control bouyancy with his wing trapped under all that steel?

And when was the last time you saw a diver STAGE doubles?

Vie:
So who is this person? Any links?

It has been for a while. I need to dig up some sites.... If I find, I will post it.

As I recall, it showed the pictures before and after the dives with his crews...

I can't see anything wrong with the lighting on the pic, but what do I know?
I can see at least 1 reg per manifold, but not on each post.

I would like to know where those doubles are bolted to.

they are not bolted to anything, if you look close the middle and third tank on the side closest to the camera have 4 bands, so it appears every tank is banded to the ones on either side of it

It would much more fun to be debating whether or not he's wearing a Zeagle Ranger or a SeaQuest Black Diamond?

Dredging a dead wreck from Davy Jones' locker, that's what I'm doing - or: attempting to give some closure on the picture's origin.

Believe it or not, the picture is used in an advertisement of a tech diving charter company - the Pensacola Dive Company. This would seem to indicate it was a diver off of one of their boats, or it was one of their divers.

The 'works for beer' on a dive charter is just added awesomeness. Not enough sites mix alcohol and diving, imo. :wink:

Mambo Dave:
Believe it or not, the picture is used in an advertisement of a tech diving charter company - the Pensacola Dive Company. This would seem to indicate it was a diver off of one of their boats, or it was one of their divers.

More likely they just steal photos. The one in the top left is from this site
http://www.rectekscuba.com/

Whoah. That doesn't bode well for them - at least in my book. A little thing called 'integrity' is just a bit important with a dive op.

he's also wearing a wetsuit... didn't anyone ever tell him that with steel doubles he needs a drysuit! TSK TSK

Back
Top Bottom