Is there a reson for this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
OK... maybe there IS one reg on each manifold.

I wondered about the regs too. Decided I wasn't sure what I was seeing. So even though I don't know what RB means I'm going with what hoosier said.

Stephen Ash:
RB= rebreather

Oh, of course... I was thinking it might be "he didn't know about the Real Big one RB."

Just kidding.

Maybe its a woman getting away from her nagging hubby. LOL:D

Another one from TDS:

maffetone3.jpg

hoosier:
The pictuers have been spreaded out on the net for a while. It turned out be not a gimmick... There are more pictures with his supporting crews...

So who is this person? Any links?

Don Janni:
Gee, I try to make it a policy not to argue with an expert but... I must say you see a lot in that picture I don't.

I studied ART for 15 years including 3 in college, I've been using Photoshop since V.4, I'm an amateur photographer and I've taken photoshop lessions from people like you.

BTW - I'm not insisting the pic is real it's just no one has been able to convience me it's not. You might want to take another look at those highlights and shadows.

I did take another look. It's not so much a Photoshop issue, because the obvious artifacts that we would look for in some forensic case are not there, for example changes in resolution, things like that.

To my eye, the lighting on the tanks on the right (the diver's left) looks inconsistent. From everything I can see, there is only one source of light on this photo...and the tanks on the right seem to have an awful lot of light on some of them and not much on others. I can't detect any flash artifacts, so no fill light would be involved.

Then there is the physical evidence. I don't see regs on the other tanks...hard to believe all those tanks and no additional regs are visible. Finally, I can understand someone needing stage bottles, etc...but would they be doubles? I don't know the answer to that, but would that ALL be doubles. To me, it looks like someone took a photo of the doubles and added them around the shot of the diver descending.

Of course, this is my opinion and reasonable minds can differ.

Jeff

Don Janni:

Why would anyone do this? Are we going down 3,000 feet or just staying under for a couple of days?

That's freakin awesome! I want one so that I can lay on the bottom of my pool for about 3 days. :scubadive

FD

Back
Top Bottom