Is there a REAL diveshop in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
...Port St. Lucie/Stuart/Ft. Pierce????

I dropped my regs off at Blue Planet for an annual, and my pony tank for a VIP. Seems they have been sitting there for a week now. I just called and the technician "just came in, and is working" so I should know how much longer they will be tied up, in another day or so.

So back to the question at hand. Where are the REAL dive shops up here?

Thanks!

not to sound odd, but this is totally the high time for diving. All our local shops have been absolutely packed to the gills with gear and tanks for service along with regularly scheduled classes. I know managers who are in the shops at 3 AM getting a start on the day that ends at 8 or 9 pm for them only because they draw a line in the sand to take a break.

The "local" diveshop that I speak of, is a Scuba, skateboard, surfing, clothing store. I prefer to deal with a shop that focuses on SCUBA. I did get a call, right after I posted this, and the "technician is in" and looking at my gear (after over a week of sitting there) and needed some info. So I expect that I'll have my gear back sometime this week if I'm lucky. What I was hoping is to find a dive shop that makes their money from divers like me, who make up a strong following. While waiting 25 minutes to have a tank filled when I dropped off my regs, I watched one of the guys there custom build a skateboard. Seems to me like diving is a small part of their business, and I would like to find one that the majority of their business is diving...

Good to hear from you Colin!

CBulla:
Hey... we should ask Vickie about shops in that area, thats her stomping ground.

It's good to see you on and posting here in the FL forum to buddy! :D

BTW: http://scubaquestusa.com/pages/interior.html

And that is Vickie's "shop of record".

I was in there with her once and I will be honest, didn't see much of anything that impressed me. Bunch of kids that were basically clueless (or so it seemed).

I know that there is another shop a few miles down US 1 that I believe Darrell uses occasionally.

Jeff

Tractor Tom:
...Port St. Lucie/Stuart/Ft. Pierce????

I dropped my regs off at Blue Planet for an annual, and my pony tank for a VIP. Seems they have been sitting there for a week now. I just called and the technician "just came in, and is working" so I should know how much longer they will be tied up, in another day or so.

I know exactly how you feel. I get really frustrated when I drop off my regulator for service, and it spends over 2 weeks in the shop. As much equipment I drop off to get serviced, I should just go get certified to fix it.

Don't feel bad... even the "REAL" dive shops are far behind. And... one more thing.. most of the local divers know where to get their equipment fixed, so the "REAL" dive shops are extremely busy.

Al

I don't want to derail this but there is info out there that makes it possible to service your own regs. If you have any machenical ability, you may want to look into servicing them yourselves. If the guys at the dive shop are as clueless as you say they are, do you really trust them working on your stuff.
If you do decide to work on your own stuff, it will void manufactors warrenty I believe, but at least you know how it works and you know if you did it right.
Just something to think about.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom