Is there a Marine Scientist/Educator in the house??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meg

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
More specifically, one who is comfortable with computers and willing to collaborate with me on a little project that I'm doing with my students?
I teach elementary and middle school students in SW Virginia and have an Ocean Environment project set up for the end of this month.
They are creating VoiceThreads of questions for me and I'll try to find the answers when I'm diving in Curacao from March 21 -30. I did this in November when I went diving in Cozumel, and it was great fun! You can check the results on my blog. Of course, there will be different students this time. :)
I love helping kids understand the ocean environment but my background is special education, not science. So my answers tend to be the result of ancedotal evidence or what I've been able to read. I'm sure this will be quite apparent to anyone with a marine science background when you visit the voicethreads on my blog. :)
So, is anyone willing to log in to a few voicethreads in the next few weeks and "beef up" the content where needed? The majority of student participants will be 12 or under, so answers/vocabulary would need to be age appropriate. And just in case anyone is wondering, the students who voice use pen names, so student privacy is always protected.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I hear from someone!
Meg :)

Back
Top Bottom