Is there a good scuba cylinder data chart anywhere?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys, lots of good info. I am considering buying a pair of E7- 100CF steel tanks next year. Right size, right pressure, and capacity and still negatively bouyant at the end of the dive.

Just buy a couple of HP 100's and have at it !!!

Safe dives . . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !!!

the K

Faber produced a "3180 +" cylinder. I never heard of a comparable PST tank.

Thirty years ago, PST sold a "3000 +" tank. Also, more recently, a 3300 tank. That was the short 72 cf bottle similar to the Scubapro tank made by Faber.

There might be a couple typos in the spreadsheet.

Those E7-100's are sweet tanks, especially compared to the AL80.

I would really consider revising your cylinder chart. It has MANY errors.

Actually the sheet is correct - that references a HP80 that PST has produced at some point. The sheet also includes PSTs E7 series 'mid pressure' cylinders (3180 + 10% overfill).

If you want to look at the PST LP80 then look up "PST LP-80" in the drop down.
That's exactly what I did, and got exactly the same answer as your provided below -- 32.75 cf/100psi. Note that this also incorrect. :mooner:

Also, please note that PST has never made cylinders rated to 3180 + 10%. They have made HP cylinders rated directly to 3,500psi, and the later E-series cylinders are rated for 3,442psi. Nothing, however, to 3180 + 10%.

In reference to the PST LP-80, the ft3 per 100psi is 32.75434, with a ft3 volume of 80.6 filled to 2640psi.
Ok so you just contradicted yourself. :shakehead:

Let's go over some basic math:

A PST LP-80 holds 80cf at 2,640psi. To get cf/100psi, that's 80cf / (2640/100) = 3.03cf / 100psi. If anyone cares, 3 is the tank factor for a single LP80. :wink:

If an LP80 held 32.75cf/100psi as you originally said, it would actually hold 864.6cf at rated pressure.

You are confusing "psi/cf" and "cf/psi"...

Last edited:
I unlocked the chart, checked the references, and verified the calculation in question. The number is correct IF the heading is reversed. The last column should say " PSI per cu. ft."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom