is there a computer with sound alarm for low air pressure in the tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue diver or not I would never rely on a computer alarm to let me know I was low on air. We dive in near zero visibility here quite regularly and still follow proper gas management practices. I would never trust a computer to alert me to a low gas situation.

I suggest you go to the Public Safety Divers forum and ask how others are handling this problem.

Public Safety Divers

My AOW instructor had an air-integrated computer with an in-mask display - something like an oceanic Datamask HUD (don't remember exactly what make/model it was). PSI remaining would be displayed inside the mask, so would be visible even when external viz is low to zero. Seems like that could solve the problem of needing to surface to check air, as well as let you manage gas more effectively than waiting for the 500 psi alarm to go off.

What beaver said. Not sure if the alarm sounds are unique though. If not, you would have to disable all alarm sounds but the PSI one.
The Scubapro Galileo is easy to program to a specific diver's needs. You can set alarms to be visual, audible or off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom