Is the Phuket Hilton in a good area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ringo:
By the way Scrapdizzy
Forgot to mention that the Hilton is great. I am a member as well and the facilities there are really nice. Also excellent restaurants. The Sunday morning buffets are very popular at the Sails restaurant. If you like Thai food the Sweet and Sour Prawns and Beef in Oyster Sauce are the best. For a club sandwich with a difference try one at the deli there.

That food sounds awesome! Cant wait!

How far of a walk is it or a drive from the Hilton to the center of where everything is happening?

And we are photographers there on business, would you say that our equipment is SAFE in the rooms?

and it was great. If you are a gold or diamond with Hilton Hhonors, you will be treated like royalty.

It is about a 5 min. walk to shops and restaurants, but the restaurants at the Hilton are good.

I felt my stuff was safe in the room. I left my 80gb video Ipod charging in the room in plain view on a few occasions as well as my camera stuff, also my dive gear lived on the balcony at night when I wasn't diving and I was out and about.

I would stay at the Hilton again.

--Sioux

SoSiouxme:
and it was great. If you are a gold or diamond with Hilton Hhonors, you will be treated like royalty.

It is about a 5 min. walk to shops and restaurants, but the restaurants at the Hilton are good.

I felt my stuff was safe in the room. I left my 80gb video Ipod charging in the room in plain view on a few occasions as well as my camera stuff, also my dive gear lived on the balcony at night when I wasn't diving and I was out and about.

I would stay at the Hilton again.

--Sioux

Great! how was your Diving?

Ringo:
SteveDiver
By the sounds of the boat you were on - you did the cheapest Liveaboard option. It really is worth it to spend a little more to go on a boat that caters for max 12 - 14 divers per 4 day/4 night Liveaboard cruise.

Yeah, do to time limitations I did a 1 night livaboard...So, in order to miss the "cattle" effect one must book at least a four day livaboard? Next time I go I will have to book a longer livaboard.

Back
Top Bottom