Is the Aqualung Legend LX Supreme the best reg on the market, for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Either you are not understanding your tech or he is F#$%^G with you. Manufacturers do not provide free parts to end users under their PFL program so the end user can DIY. They only provide parts to their authorized dealers.

Either you are not understanding your tech or he is F#$%^G with you. Manufacturers do not provide free parts to end users under their PFL program so the end user can DIY. They only provide parts to their authorized dealers.

I'm very well aware.

PS. If I'm going to be an instructor.. it's probably not a bad idea to have two reg sets anyways.. so I can, you know, continue to earn a living while my primary regs are being serviced / if there's ever an issue etc.

The conshelf is a diaphragm First stage... Just like the Titan.....

Jim...

Edit to add.... I can't believe we are on page 9..... I think this has been beaten with a stick way to long!

Before you decide on which reg to get, double check with the dive operators whom you are interested in working for. When I worked in the Caribbean we had to use the brand the operator sold. I've met several operators who also had the same policy. The last thing you want to do is buy a reg, then find out the outfit you want to work for requires you to use a different brand.

I've used my Mk25 under the ice in high elevation lakes with no issues. I still use my Mk25/G260 when diving in cold high elevation lakes, although I now use my Mk17 when diving under the ice since we want everyone in a sealed first stage.

I went 8 years before getting my Mk25 serviced when I lived in the tropics. We didn't have an in store tech so none of us got are regs serviced. I wouldn't recommend that, but it does happen.

The Legend is a decent reg and it can handle ice diving. Nevertheless, double check with the dive operators before buying a reg.

Well. Here's one thing. I know everyone is just trying to help me out, and giving me their best advice.

But I work at a really nice scuba shop. Very top of the line everything.. equipment, instruction, servicing, etc. I've seen various things on the internet that rate us as high as the #3 best dive shop in the US.

We're a dealer for literally every single scuba co. you could name, with the exception of a couple small ones (who we can still get stuff from if we need to).

I just asked our service tech about Conshelfs. And I was informed that even we cannot get service parts for them. If someone brings one in for servicing, there's literally nothing we can do for them. Besides maybe honoring it by giving it a place in our antiques museum.

And that's the reg that you guys are telling me I should go into my career with, expecting to be able to use it for the next 10yrs??

It would appear we know more and are more trustworthy than your shop. Choose who you want to believe, a community of divers with nothing to gain or your shop.

By the way oldshcool, the latest version of the Conshelf supreme is now dry sealed, they've done away with the fluid, another reason to buy a 14. Decided to swap out the DS4 for the supreme, it matches and calms my OCD. Take it easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom